Wednesday, July 11, 2012

{Me} WTF to Mean People...

Like, seriously! First off, I want to say we see right through you, at least I do.  Under all that mean is an insecure little nerd picking on the weaker men to make this:


 

Turn into this ... 

(figuratively speaking of course)

It's pathetic really... and I realized that mean people only have as much power as we give them. Mean Girls (the movie) is a prime example of this theory. The mean populars were so insecure about themselves they needed to talk complete crap about people to feel better... hence the all famous Burn Book .  It was once rumored someone listed me in a burn book lol, can you imagine! I was like "WTH, seriously... leave it for the movies."   What they don't realize is you are living your life totally unfazed by them while they sit there and obsess over other people and the idea of them as "better" than you.  Its really kind of sad.  Truth is if we spend more time thinking about the life we have and a little less about what others have... Everyone would be a little happier.  The day will come and we'll all move on... out of middle school and into college. What will mean people do next? Because all they'll be to us is another memory. The memory of a guy or girl who just didn't feel good about who they are.

So the question is... why do we give them that power? 

Don't get me wrong, Ive had my share of mean girl drama. Who hasn't?! And in the end, I've learned that you have to stand up for yourself... giving in to the mean girl, so that you won't be a target is BS cause its only a matter of time with them.  So I say stand up, confront the truth, let go of the past, be who you are and move on. 

As a side note: This post came about when talking to my mom about a "mean boy" bigger and older who was picking on my brother ... I was like seriously -- You're a loser!

No comments:

Post a Comment